The website www.choose-africa.com (hereinafter “the website” or “choose-africa’s website”) is published by Société de Promotion et de Participation pour la Coopération Economique (hereinafter “Proparco”), a subsidiary of Agence Française de Développement (AFD, )a Joint stock company with a capital appropriation of €693,079,200.00, registered on the Paris Trade and Companies Register under Number 310 792 205, Intra-Community VAT N° FR 173 107 92 205.
Address of headquarters and contact details:
- Address: 151 rue Saint-Honoré – 75001 Paris, France
- Tel.: +33 1 53 44 37 37
- Fax: +33 1 53 44 38 38
CNIL registration N°:
- Request for opinion N° 1006154 registered on 4 September 2004
- Tacit opinion N° 044684 of 30 June 2004
Content management system:
Editorial Manager and content management:
- Anne-Gaël Chapuis, Communication Manager of Proparco’s Communication Division
- Proparco’s Communication Division
Hosting of choose-africa. com website
- Corporate name : OVH
- Form of company:
- Headquarters: 2 rue Kellermann – 59100 Roubaix – France
- Phone contact: +33 9 72 10 10 07 – Website : www.ovh.com
- Number and city of registration on the Trade and Companies Register: Lille Métropole 424 761 419 00045
- Company’s share capital: €10,069,020
- Intra-Community VAT N°: FR 22 424 761 419
Design, graphic design, development and technical follow-up
- Corporate name: L’autre tribu
- Form of company:
- Headquarters: 40 rue Traversiere – 75012 Paris 12 – France
- Phone contact:
- Number and city of registration on the Trade and Companies Register: PARIS
- Company’s share capital: €10,000
- Intra-Community VAT N°: FR
General conditions of use of the website
The AFD Group welcomes you to its website dedicated to the CHOOSE AFRICA programme, which will serve as a platform to increase the visibility of AFD Group’s financial and technical support to SME development in emerging and developing countries.
Any connection to choose-africa’s website is subject to compliance with the present conditions. For the Internet user (hereinafter “the user”), simply accessing choose-africa’s website implies the acceptance of all the conditions set out below and the undertaking to respect them.
Presentation of the website
The purpose of choose-africa’s website is to provide general information concerning the Group AFD’s comprehensive financing programme using the URL address : www.choose-africa.com
choose-africa’s website has been designed for French and English.
Caution and responsibility
The AFD Group endeavours to guarantee the proper functioning and IT security of this website, as well as the accuracy and updating of the information disseminated on it. However, the AFD Group cannot guarantee the accuracy, precision or exhaustiveness of the information available on this website.
The tweets which may appear on choose-africa’s website are the sole responsibility of their authors, in accordance with the general conditions of Twitter.
It is the responsibility of users of the website to verify the information through other means, including by contacting Proparco’s Communication Division.
Users should be aware of the risks related to using Internet services.
Consequently, they acknowledge and accept that:
- They use choose-africa’s website at their own risk
- the AFD Group shall not be held liable for any interruptions and the possible consequences for any Internet user
- the AFD Group’s obligation to supply information is restricted to an obligation of means
- the AFD Group reserves the right to correct or delete, at any time and without prior notice, the general structure of the website or content
- the AFD Group cannot guarantee the exhaustiveness of information or that there has been no modification by a third party (intrusion, virus).
Consequently, the AFD Group shall not be held liable:
- For any imprecision, inaccuracy or omission concerning the information available on the website
- For the content of tweets, which are the sole responsibility of their authors
- For any damage resulting from fraudulent intrusion by a third party, leading to a modification of the information made available on the website
- More generally, for any direct or indirect damage, whatever the cause, origin, nature or consequences, subsequent to access by any person to the website, or the inability to access the website, as well as the use of the website and/or the credit attributed to any information provided directly or indirectly by the latter
- In the event of inability to access this website and/or use services.
Any questions concerning the present conditions of use of the website should be addressed to the webmaster of the AFD Group’s website at the following address, or by using the form below.
Proparco/AFD Group – Division Communication – 151 rue Saint-Honoré – 75001 Paris
Intellectual property rights
The AFD Group holds the full copyright for choose-africa’s website and for the services provided. Consequently, you are not permitted to sell, adapt, modify, reproduce, disseminate, transfer or use in any other manner, all or part of choose-africa’s website or the services provided, in any form or by any means, on any current or future support.
Any user that does not comply with the laws and regulations in force shall risk being taken to court by the AFD Group.
The AFD Group is not subject to any general obligation to oversee or search for illegal content. However, the AFD Group makes every effort to preserve the quality of the content of choose-africa’s website.
Should you observe or consider that part of the content on the website presents a manifestly illicit character, please report it by filling the form below.
Any abusive notification may render you liable to civil or criminal sanctions.
Right of reply
Should you consider that part of the content harms your image, you have the right of reply by filling the form below.
Your right of reply will be published within three working days from the date of receipt of your message. Any abusive notification may render you liable to civil or criminal sanctions.
No online publication of the website by a third party is authorized under another URL without the prior express authorization by the AFD Group.
- the AFD Group authorizes any website to establish a link to the address www.choose-africa.com, after giving advance notice at the following address:
- Any such link must respect the applicable legal provisions and regulations. the AFD Group shall in no way be held liable for links established from another website to choose-africa’s website.
- the AFD Group reserves the right, at any time, without prior notice and without giving any reason, to forbid these links. In such case, the AFD Group shall inform the person concerned, who shall have 2 working days to delete the link.
- the AFD Group shall in no way be held liable for hypertext links established towards other websites, in particular concerning the content of these websites.
Amendments to the present general conditions of use
The AFD Group reserves the right to amend, at any time and without prior notice, the present conditions of use in order to adapt them to changes on the website and/or in its use.
Integrity of the contract
Should one or several of the clauses of the present conditions of use be declared null and void pursuant to a law, regulation, or as a result of a definitive ruling by a competent jurisdiction, the other clauses of the general conditions shall remain binding within the limits of the said decision.
Laws and jurisdiction of courts
The present conditions of use and legal notice, as well as choose-africa’s website, are governed by the provisions of French law.
If an amicable settlement is not reached within a reasonable time, any disputes that may arise in the use of choose-africa’s website, or in the interpretation or application of the general conditions of use, shall be subject to the exclusive competence of the French courts.
choose-africa’s website may be required to collect personal data concerning its users. Indeed, this collection allows a response to be given to questions or complaints directly addressed to the AFD Group.
The data collected are intended solely for the AFD Group’s own use. The only persons who may access them are those acting under its authority and instructions, including subcontractors (in particular website hosts and maintenance companies) in the performance of their tasks. Any subcontractors who become aware of this personal data on this occasion shall be subject to an obligation of confidentiality. They shall in particular refrain from using all or part of this personal data on their own account or from transferring them to third parties.
No personal data collected from the website is disclosed or transferred to third parties for commercial purposes.
Declaration to the National Commission for Information Technology and Civil Liberties (CNIL)
In accordance with the provisions of Act n° 78-17 of 6 January 1978 and the subsequent laws on Information Technology, Files and Civil Liberties, the automatic processing of personal data is subject to a declaration to the CNIL.
When you consult the choose-Africa.com website, information concerning the navigation of your terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) on our website may be recorded in text files called “Cookies”, which are installed on your terminal, subject to your choices concerning Cookies, which you can change at any time. Only the issuer of a Cookie may read or modify information contained in it.
To find out more about how Cookies work or how to use the current tools in order to configure them, please click here.
Right to access, rectify, delete and object
In accordance with articles 32 and the following of the amended French Act n° 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on Information Technology, Files and Civil Liberties, persons whose personal data are collected, directly or indirectly via cookies, benefit from a right to access, rectify, delete or object to these data for legitimate reasons. These rights may be exercised by sending a letter to: Proparco/AFD Group, Division Communication, 151 rue Saint-Honoré – 75001 Paris.